FNH Trombone

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by Scrumbag, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .410

Hello folks,

New to me an FN Trombone. Pics here and range report to follow:

[​IMG]

Interesting to note the takedown screw and large, gnurled knob. (Good in the field I reckon)

[​IMG]

And a takedown shot:

[​IMG]

Interesting comparison between the SA-22 takedown and the Trombone. In theory might make the trombone better to shoot with a telescopic sight. Though I suspect this might spoil the handling because it does point rather well.

[​IMG]

ATB,

Scrummy
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Nice to see you were able to pick up the FNH Trombone and looks great. Never had a chance to see/shoot a trombone as they are not a very common gun in the states. would be interested to hear your thoughts after you shoot it.

BTK
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Very nice specimen Scrum...!!
  4. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .410

Cheers folks! Hopefully get to take it to the range this weekend.

Scrummy
  5. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .410

Well folks, took her shooting and very pleased with the results. Very slick pump and not bad on the accuracy at all.

Shot this standing at 25m fairly quickly which for me isn't so bad. Also impressed by the ammo tolerance.

ATB,

Scrummy

[​IMG]
  6. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

thanks for the info Scrummy, seems like the trombone is turning out pretty nice for you.

BTK
  7. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .410

No worries BTK. Think mine has a non-standard forend (looks like it might be an adapted Remington pump one to me..?) Came fitted with a "Corn-cob" type when new. I'll have to get a bag out and set it up properly.

ATB,

Scrummy
  8. Charlieb68

Charlieb68 .22LR

Very nice. I like the breakdown. I can honestly say in being around gumshows for 35+ years I've never seen one.