New A-5 misfire

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Bob, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Bob

Bob Copper BB

I just bought a new A5 Hunter and the first two shells misfired. They were Remmington Express Long Range shells. The next three shells fired but the firing pin barely put a dent in the primer. Next, I shot five Federal dove loads, no problem and the firing pin put normal dent in the primer. Tried another Rem. shell and misfired again with barely a dent in the primer. Anyone had this problem? Any ideas?
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Bob !!
  3. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey Bob, welcome to the browning owners community!!! did you give it a good cleaning when you first got it? I remember my Browning Maxus was covered in factory heavy grease and needed a good cleaning before all the parts moved nice a smooth.
  4. Bob

Bob Copper BB

The Federal shells fired as normal. I called Browning customer service and the guy did not want to listen, he only response was "ship the gun back to us and we will check it out". I called Remington and the lady was very helpful. She said a few years ago some shells "may" have been produced with bad primers (I have two boxes with the same lot number). Remington is sending a pre-paid shipping label to return the shells and they will send me two new boxes.