New A5. chokes

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by klt1200c, Oct 20, 2013.

1. klt1200c

klt1200c Copper BB

I purchased a new A5 last winter for this years duck/ goose season. I am curious as to what people are using in chokes and ammo. Ducks from an elevated blind. Geese from a laydown blind. Thanks Jim
    '
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey jim, welcome to the browning owners community. I used trulock choked on my browning Maxus for turkey hunting and was really pleased with the pattern and overall fitment. Haven't used them for duck hunting yet but unless you plan to get a pretty close shot from the blind I would use full choke. All the best.

BTK
  3. luvbowhuntn

luvbowhuntn Copper BB

I use Carlson's extended chokes in IC and MOD. If you plan on having much meat left on the ducks stay away from Fulls and extra full chokes. Work the birds and get them cupped up and IC or MOD is all you need. Plus that's the art to duck hunting. Getting the birds in close. Not pass shooting at 40+ yards. That's not duck hunting IMHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. Jgasman661

Jgasman661 Copper BB

I haven't seen carlsons choke tubes for the new A5?? I got the hevi metal choke tubes but have yet to use them since my damn gun won't cycle 3.5 inch shells!