Picked up my first Browning today!

Discussion in 'Browning Mark Handgun' started by tycoonbob, Apr 3, 2014.

1. tycoonbob

tycoonbob Copper BB

Hi everyone.

Today I traded for a Browning Buck Mark; first Browning I've ever owned. Supposidly, it's never been shot and it sure looks that way. It came with a Browning padded case, and the original cardboard box that has some useful information.

Buck Mark .22 LR
    051373490 Challenge SE Oakleaf - Walnut
    OAKLEAF WALNUT LAMINATE PRO TARGET 6.75" TAPER

In the box there was a little envelop from the factory with the a build date of 2004. From what I gather, and with the limited information on the internet about this specific gun, this was a special edition (hence SE) Buck Mark. 6.75" is a nice barrel size, but it does not seem to be a standard size after looking on Browning's website at the current Challenge model.

Can anyone share any specific information about this model Buck Mark Challenge? Was the barrel a custom size requested or was it the standard for the Challenge SE? Anything special about the Oakleaf - Walnut grips, or did they also come standard with the Challenge SE? Gun looks fantastic, and I'm almost afraid to shoot it and thinking I should just put it up as a collector's piece. Any info anyone can share is greatly appreciated!

Oh yeah, here are some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks!
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey bob, welcome to the browning owners community!! Congrats on the new buckmark, looks to be a great purchase. From my understanding all the se models came in walnut and 6.75 in barrel. I have seen a couple on sale before and all were those exact specs.
  3. tycoonbob

tycoonbob Copper BB

Thanks for the info Billy.

Were the SE only made in 2004? Any idea what it would be worth in it's current condition? I'm trying to decide if it's something I put in the safe and forget about, or if I take her shooting this weekend.
  4. tycoonbob

tycoonbob Copper BB

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Bob !!

The BuckMark is a great .22 pistol...I would take it out this weekend and shoot it !
  6. tycoonbob

tycoonbob Copper BB

I'm hesitant to shoot it since it's in immaculate condition. I'm hoping someone can share with me more information about this edition of Buck Mark and what the value of it may be.