Camper Jamming

Discussion in 'Browning Mark Handgun' started by Wild Bill, May 19, 2013.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Copper BB

Shot the Camper for the first time friday. First thing I learned was you can't use subsonic rounds, would not cycle.
    While firing some Winchester lr hollow points I had two jams in 40 rounds. It was catching the rim of the hollow point. Are they not the rounds to use ? Then I had one lead round nose catch and jam also. Whats up ???
    Bill
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey bill, as far as my understanding goes the type of 22 lr ammo shouldn't matter. Have you tried any other brands? Or different style like fmj?
  3. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Copper BB

I may have solved the jamming problem. I bought an extra magazine at a gun show. I thought maybe it was the one causing the jam. I got out the micrometers and started to measure the opening of the mag. They were different. I put a round in each mag and the rounds nose in the gun show mag was pointing upwards more compared the the new mag that came with the gun. I adjusted the rear skirts of the GS mag and now the round does not jut upwards and slides out like it should. If the round was coming out of the mag at the wrong angle it would line up with the top edge of the barrel and then jam. Range test will confirm. I'll report.
    Bill
  4. C/O

C/O Copper BB

Deleted, wrong thread sorry