Browning BLR Rifle Accessories

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by Billythekid, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Here is the place to talk about any and all accessories for your Browning BLR Rifle.
  2. seamus30

seamus30 .22LR

Hope this is in the right place. I just got a BLR and needed to buy a base and rings for a scope. The guy at the store sold me a one piece Leupold standard base and high mount rings for a scope with a 50mm objective (I don't have the scope yet). When I got it home I went to put it on the gun but the hole don't line up. On the gun there are two holes in front and two in back. The distance between the holes is right but the distance between the two sets of holes is too short (the base is too long it would seem). I was told that the newer BLR's are a drilled and tapped different. Does this sound right? Can anyone tell me what is the correct base for my gun?

Thanks
  3. Billythekid

What model BLR do you have? I know there are different bases for different models. Leupold has a chart that is pretty helpful to figure out if you have the right part for your gun. http://www.leupold.com/_pdfs/BaseFit_RingHght.pdf . Let me know if that helps...
  4. seamus30

seamus30 .22LR

Hi, Thanks for the link to the chart. It was just what I needed. I have a BLR lightweight with pistol grip:

http://www.browning.com/products/catalo ... p-firearms

The guy sold me part number 49986, which is a one piece base and according to the chart is for Model 81-pre 1996. I think I need the two piece standard base P/N 50238. Does this sound right?

Thanks for the input.
  5. Billythekid

Yea that sounds about right. I don't think the lightweight is part of the model 81 series and therefore you would need the two piece base.
  6. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

It's not that much of an 'accessory' I suppose, but I have a set of Conetrol rings and bases on my BLR. For those not familiar, they're a beautifully-finished ring that has no screws on the sides or top to hold the halves together. They look for all the world like they're each a single ring of steel that was forged around the scope as it was held where the owner wanted it. :)
    In reality, the two halves are held together by a cap, but the cutting and finish work is outstanding!
    Wade66 likes this.
  7. Billythekid

Sounds like a pretty sweet addition to the BLR to me, got any pics of it?
  8. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

Coming... tomorrow?
  9. RickP

RickP .22LR

After a great deal on on line perusing, reading countless ad's and checking out all the local sporting goods stores, I bought Redfield 2-7 33 scope and Burris Z rings to mount on my 1970 BLR 308. It wore a Bushnell 1.5-4 for years. I did most of my hunting in Saskatchewan in the flats, that combo served me well. Moving soon to Central PA and figured it was time to get a scope with a bit more light gathering capabilities. I'm looking forward to a new area, new ranges, gun stores and gun shows. Time to start rebuilding the collection. First on the list is a 20 Gauge Auto 5, well maybe a BPS 20. The fun is in the search after all. Regards to all.
    Wade66 likes this.
  10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Well then...welcome to PA my friend !!

What county...what city...if I may inquire ?!
  11. RickP

RickP .22LR

Williamsport /Muncy area.
  12. Jack S

Jack S Copper BB

I bought a Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50 30mm tube scope for an AR. Not going to use it on an AR now so I was wondering if it can be mounted on the BLR. I have the Weaver/Picatinny high rings but having trouble on which base to use. My BLR is from 2006 and a 308WIN. Any help?
  13. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

that is a LOT of scope for a hunting rifle
  14. Jack S

Jack S Copper BB