Shrinking BLR lineup

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by martin610, Jan 3, 2014.

1. martin610

martin610 .22LR

Hi Guys,

First time here. I am shopping for a BLR in 7mm-08, preferably a take down. I was just looking at the Browning web site and noticed that the model line up just shrank. I was there before Xmas, there were a lot of choices. Looks like its down to three now. The only TD available is the stainless/laminate model.

I was surprised. Being new to Browning, I wonder if this means the line up is really shrinking or are there new models coming out?

If I really want a take down, I might find one used but makes it a little harder.

Any input welcome. Thank you.

-martin
  2. joester

joester .22LR

You may need to "google" The BLR you want and find it new but on an auction site or from a retailer. I too have noticed that BLR models/inventory are shrinking. One would hope that is b/c they are very popular, but I wonder if the opposite is not true. Only so many are made, it takes a while to move them off the shelves, and more are not being produced.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Martin !!
  4. martin610

martin610 .22LR

Thanks for the welcome.

I should be a Browning owner some time this week. I won the auction and my LGS has contacted the seller for shipment. I'm looking forward to getting it, maybe by this coming weekend.

-martin
  5. Buds guns has some 7-08's. But I don't know if they have the TD.
    http://www.budsgunshops.com
    I've purchased through them before and their service is excellent.
  6. martin610

martin610 .22LR

Thanks for the come back. I did check the Bud's web site, they didn't have the takedown version. I wound up finding one in .308 on Gunbroker. It was NIB. Just came to my local gun shop today, I got to 'visit' it. I'm in New Jersey, we have draconian paperwork to deal with before I take possession. I might be able to take it home in a day or two.

Looks like a nice rifle. I tried the trigger, its really not bad. Some BLRs need work on the trigger, this one might be OK.
  7. joester

joester .22LR

If you do want/ need a trigger job, google Neal Jones in Sagertown PA. That's his specialty. He got a few of mine down to a crisp 3 lbs. BLRs are notorious for sloppy triggers.