Aussie Lever Action- Love my 22-250!

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by wags2477, Mar 25, 2013.

1. wags2477

wags2477 Copper BB

G'day
    In Australia the major Shooters Organisation the SSAA has a Lever Action Competition with paper targets of animal silhouettes, from 100m back to 25 m with a mix of precision shooting (5 shots, 5 mins) to 'duelling' with turning targets and a 3 sec exposure, right down to rapid fire 10 shots in 10 secs.

There are no scopes allowed, one class 'Çlassic Calibre' must use open iron sights with pre-1939 calibres and the Open calibre can use peep sights and any calibre.

The events are shot from field positions, prones, post-rest, sitting, standing unsupported. Its quite challenging.

I am setting up a Browning BLR in 22-250 for the open event. It's an original circa 1977 with the protruding mag. Has been in someone's safe for most of those forty years and shooting beautifully. Shot a 2 inch 10 shot group yesterday at 100m, with 50gr projectile and 35.2 gr varget (which is actually Aussie manufactured ADI AR2208). Looking forward to getting the peep sights set up and into the state competition in a few weeks.

Also have a marlin 1894c in .357 with marbles open sights for the Classic calibre. Using 158gr SJHP over 15.5 gr H4227/IMR4227 (once again an Aussie manufactured ADI AR2205)

I love the rawness of the .357 but this BLR is a real rifle, for sure.

Cheers
    Wags
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey Wags, welcome to the browning Owners Community!! The lever action compettion sounds like a lot of fun and good luck with the BLR 22-250. Would love to see some pics of your BLR when you have a chance. All the best

BTK
  3. wags2477

wags2477 Copper BB

Hey BTK, it's been a long time coming but here is the BLR.

I picked up a few medals in state shoots after solving a sticky case problem with small base dies.

Attached Files:

4. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Looks great and congrats !!!