BLR Magazine

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by Armymark, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Armymark

Armymark .22LR

I looking for a couple BLR Magazines in .308 for a Belgian made BLR. I believe that is pre 1982. Any out there?
  2. RickP

RickP .22LR

I've been looking as well. Found some on Ebay but got outbid. People are paying 200 to 400 dollars for one, a little pricy for me!
  3. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

that does seem pricey for a mag, any reason why they go for so high?
  4. RickP

RickP .22LR

Not sure why any one would pay 400 bucks for a mag, mind you if you don't have one... I notice a few buyers seem to be hoarding what they can find. My spare mag was Miroku manufacture and while it was similar to a Belgian made, I spent a lot of time getting it to fit proper. The mag follower was slightly different and the feed lips required a fair bit of tinkering.
  5. Kanaima

Kanaima Copper BB

I'm looking for mags for my 1980 Japanese BLR in .308. Heck I only paid $350 for the rifle new in 1981 and they threw in a spare mag!
  6. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

Are these the extended magazines or the new flush-style magazines? I thought it was '81 that they went to flush-style mags. The old style is getting scarce to come by and folks are asking some crazy prices for them.
  7. Kanaima

Kanaima Copper BB

Guppy mags is what they were called back when the flush style came out. But yes that's what I'm after and I've seen them on ebay selling for over $200!!! Hopefully I can find a cheap one in some out of the way gun shop!
  8. wags2477

wags2477 Copper BB

If anyone has similar for a pre-81 BLR in 22-250 , I would love to hear from them!
  9. MrDig

MrDig .22LR