x-bolt6.5 creedmoor

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by Billy Manier, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Anyone have a x-bolt in this caliber?If you do how do you like it?
  2. I got a stalker in 6.5 and it shoots hornady 120 gmx great,can,t wait to hunt with it.
  3. EricPeve

EricPeve Copper BB

Love mine. Super easy to tap steel out to 800m.
  4. It is a great caliber, don’t have one in an XBolt or a Winchester Model 70 yet. I do know they sell and shoot extremely well! The one in X Bolt I was after was the All Weather. They git bought up unbelievably fast. Splendid long range and very versatile in terms of hunting! Better than the magnum cartridges I believe.
  5. sschefer

sschefer .410

The 6.5 Creedmore is a great round with many variations hitting the streets now. The 6.5-300 that Weatherby is offering now kicks arse but it's not a Creedmore. The Creedmore seems to have taken over the shelves at many of my usual ammo stores. I have a 6.5 Grendel and ammo is hard to find on the shelves. I order it from Natchez or Anderson Arms. The Creedmore definitely reaches way out there. The Grendel hit's hard as hell out to about 300 yards making it a great ranch hog hunting caliber. If you're hunting medium game at longer distances (coyotes), the Creedmore is definitely the way to go. My personal favorites are the 30-30 for close in deer hunting, the 30-06 up to about 250 yard deer hunting and the 300WSM for when I need to reach out or I'm hunting bigger game like Elk, Moose or Black Bear.

It's long been said that the 6.5 - 7mm calibers where the best overall but I'm a .30 cal guy when it comes to putting meat on the table. Not always the best but it's served me well enough over the years that I probably (except for my little Grendel) will never switch.
  6. The X Bolt 6.5 Creedmore May get a jumpstart in the X Bolt for some of us less well heeled. Imagine 6.5 Creedmore in full sized yet 6.1 pounds, 22 inch barrel, carbon weave stock probably announced at the 2019 Shot Show. The X Bolt Pro has this now, but when the new stocks come out and the semi custom features get more realistically reduced somewhat to come closer to the Hells Canyon Speed rifle type features just set up,with the carbon weave stock, high quality, true durability at a more affordable price. I am not suggesting all the semi custom features are not nice, but downgrading a LITLE but might sell well, work well and make more happy campers? Imagine a light rifle without a MAGNUM kick!
    This would make that new incredibly popular caliber a real deal! I would buy into such a rig, what say YOU?