Why we love the humble .22lr so much?

Discussion in 'Photo And Video Gallery' started by Scrumbag, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .410

Well all I think I have the answer to this: it must be the versatility. Since moving to Switzerland I have started to build up the collection of .22s and here it is:

[​IMG][/URL]

All the major action types all shooting the humble .22!

Winchester 94-22 (1974 New Haven built)
    FN Trombone (Liege)
    Brno Model-1
    Browning SA-22 (Liege proof marks)

Colt Woodsman (1972)
    S&W Model 17-4 (1974)

And 4 of them (94-22, Trombone, SA-22 & Woodsman) are JM Browning designs which I approve of (OK the 94-22 is pushing it but it is my thread to I'll let it slide ;) ).

Anyone else have a thing for .22s?

Scrummy
    Rudolph31 and ladyrider08 like this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Yes...you do !!
  3. OlympicFox

OlympicFox .410

I like 22's but not THAT much! :D

I particularly like 22 conversion kits on my 1911's. Makes for a great & inexpensive way to practice.
  4. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .410

I have a thing for .22s. I admit it, I'm an addict!

Not tried a conversion kit yet, though there is a nice one available for the Sig P226 which looks interesting...
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

I own a SIG P226...guess I'll have to look into the .22 conversion.

Also looking into the new "cans" SIG is producing...
  6. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .410

Sig are making mods now are they? Interesting...
  7. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

Very nice collection Scrummy.

I had and shot a S&W M41 for years in competition, but regretfully sold it some years ago. (What was I thinking?) I still have my first Rem. M581, a Marlin 39A Mountie, a 10/22 (doesn't everyone?) a Ruger Super Single-Six and a S&W M34. I want more but I can wait as they will come with time.
  8. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .410

I don't have a 10/22 funnily enough. I would love a 41, as a nice companion to the Woodsman...
  9. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Here are a few of mine.

Henry Golden Boy .22LR.
    .22LR revolver that was my dad's and my grandpa's before him.
    .22LR Sig Sauer 1911-22.

[​IMG]
  10. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .410

Sadly as I'm moving back to the UK I have sold all of the above :(

But I shall rebuild as I slowly convince the Police to let me have enough slots on my certificate...
  11. Spark plug

Spark plug Copper BB

I don't care for or have much use for the .22 rim fire. That being said, here's a pic of one of the two I own. Colt's Woodsman, 1925.
    [​IMG]
  12. snoeproe

snoeproe .22LR

Old thread revival.
    With amo prices today, the 22lr as a shooter is looking more attractive. 22 amo prices are up like most are but it’s still a lower cost shooter. I have one (BL22) but I’m planing on getting another 22lr for the kids to use at the range. I have a soft spot for the 22 hornet also but don’t have one in my collection.
  13. tex45acp

tex45acp Copper BB

Now that ammo is again available, albeit more expensive as well, I have been shooting mine more often. I have a few I love to shoot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]