What to do with an A5 that shoots low?

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by In The Ten Ring, Aug 28, 2015.

1. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

I've been thinking about selling my "beater" 12 gauge that shoots low. I hate when guns shoot low!

Is there anything to be done? I plan to ask Art (the suggested gunsmith) Monday.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I've heard of guys whacking barrels against trees to move point of impact. If it were mine, I think I'd just modify the mount so I saw a little more of the top of the barrel. That will move your POI up. But Art can fix anything!
  3. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

If he can fix it, I'll keep it.
  4. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

"What to do with an A5 that shoots low?"

Aim higher. ;+)
  5. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

How low? If it is just a little, you can file down the bead on the end of the barrel slightly.
  6. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

Low enough to be annoying. Weapons that shoot high are no bother but when they shoot low, you have to aim upwards and in this shotgun's case, that means the muzzle blocks view of the game.

Other than that, the shotgun is wonderful. Granted the stock is too short, some previous owner must have had very short arms, but I slipped on a recoil pad and now it's fine. It has some fiddleback to the forearm and just enough abuse so that you won't feel bad taking it hunting and risking a scratch.