Weaver choke

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Nov 24, 2020.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I bought a sweet sixteen barrel today sight unseen. It has a Weaver choke system and 6 tubes. I’ve never seen this system before. Anybody have one?
  2. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Had one long long time back like a cutts copy larger cheveron slots and less gills from memory
    with aluminium body and tubes were aluminium also.
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I got pictures of it. Like all aftermarket tubes it’s a little ugly. Like Rudolph has said before the added mass should help with follow through. We will see if it helps my skeet scores

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I don’t find the Cutts or Poly Choke ugly, but...

Hope it works for you!
  5. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

But the weaver is ugly?

im guessing it’s going to be loud
  6. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Totally different to Weaver I had. Regardless what people say about looks they are good for adding weight/balance assisting swing and follow through as any serious skeeter knows. I am actually in the market myself for a cutts and spreader 1/4 chokes if anybody wants to shift
  7. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

oh yeah and they bark a bit on the layouts
  8. antman73

antman73 .410

I have my eye on a 1952 Auto 5 in a local shop with a poly and I just can't do it. But I might. That Weaver however looks pretty cool.
  9. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

What are they asking?
  10. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

This barrel cost me $150 shipped with 6 tubes so I’m not out a lot if I hate it
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  11. antman73

antman73 .410

250 but for good reason. Someone painted it camo and it's pretty used but I wouldn't say it's abused.
  12. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Art’s could make it look like new, but figure that in to the purchase price. Is the wood painted too?
    antman73 likes this.
  13. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

That’s a great deal, especially with all the tubes.

About the sound. Everyone on the internet complains how load the Cutts and Poly Chokes are. Maybe I’ve lost so much hearing in airplanes that I can’t tell, but no one I shoot with mentions it either.
  14. antman73

antman73 .410

Yes whole thing painted in camo. If it didn’t have the poly I would have taken it already and gave it some dignity again.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  15. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Well the Weaver choke might be ugly but it works really well. I received the barrel yesterday so I didn’t have time to pattern it. I installed it on my 1947 Sweet and put the 1/2 choke in. It came with extra full, full, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, and skeet. I was using old Federal shells with one ounce of 6 shot. I had a triple on the partridge which I’ve never done in my life. Then I missed the first rooster I saw. The second one I nailed on the first but he was still going strong so I put an insurance shot in him. The next two were dead on the first shot. I took my oldest with and he loved every minute of it. It was 50 degrees when I finished. I’ve never pheasant hunted in December with such beautiful weather.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    antman73, Rudolph31 and Ranger6 like this.
  16. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Great result .Really nice images
  17. antman73

antman73 .410

Love those picture! That gun looks very at home with that set up.
  18. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Yup, not so ugly seen with the whole gun. Nice shots.
  19. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks guys. I haven’t had that much fun hunting in a long time. My only complaint about the new barrel is that it’s a 26” tube. It does seem to be a little louder and I thought it would have some forward weight but I think it’s aluminum
  20. Biz

Biz 20g

It is nice that you initiate your son to hunting