This is not good! HP Discontinued.

Discussion in 'Browning Hi Power Handgun' started by In The Ten Ring, May 8, 2017.

1. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

They made millions, they'll be available for generations to come.
  3. sub-moa

sub-moa .410

What am I missing Ten Ring? I don't see where the site has changed at all my friend? I did scroll to the bottom as suggested and found nothing that hasn't been there :confused:. You'll recall the recent "Discontinued?" thread...the one that contained the erroneous reference to your alloy BHPs, where-in I bemoaned the issues with Browning Arms...both on the phone and their website.

What I'm seeing on the Browning Arms website indicates:

The Discontinued Models include the 75th. Anniversary Models (MkIII & Standard...fixed and adjustable sights), manufactured in 2010...for the 75th. anniversary (1935 - 2010) of the BHP, yep.

The Digital (Camo) Model(s)...there were several, all of which were very poor sellers that were discontinued quickly...years ago, yep.

The Practical Model in it's fixed and adjustable...as well as 9mmP and .40 sub-variants is a particular favorite of mine, I've got 8 + several "practicals", was discontinued by Browning...but not FN, about 10+ years ago, yep.

The MkIII listed as discontinued is the .40, you'll note that the MkIII 9mmP...both the 13 and 10 round Options are still listed as "Current Production", yep.

The Standard listed as discontinued is the .40, you'll note that the Standard 9mmP...both the 13 and 10 round Options are still listed as "Current Production". You'll also note the fixed and adjustable sights are listed under "Additional Product Information", yep.

Have a look at "Current Production".

With all that said, I still revert to "Don't trust the Browning Arms website"...it has always been rife with errors.

AND, keep in mind; Browning Arms...here in the US, went from an independent entity importer (owned by the Browning family) from 1954 to an FN internal import entity in 1977 when the larger FN bought them out. During one of FN's restructuring efforts they formed Browning SA/Browning International and even renamed FN Viana...the assembly plant in Viana Portugal, Browning Viana. Browning Arms here has always been allowed a great deal of leeway in what they import and how they describe what they import...right from the get go. FWIW, Browning was not the only North American importer utilized by FN over the years as well. So who knows what will happen...and when :rolleyes:.

Or did I miss something here o_O.....
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

5. sub-moa

sub-moa .410

WADR Shooter, they both now contain appropriate and relevant info on the subject...that hopefully will quell the annual "rumors" until/unless something of real substance arises, is there any way you can just merge them? Or just close one of them? Or just leave them both since there...quite unfortunately :(, isn't much activity here :oops:.....
  6. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

See there, apparently I misread something! I didn't even notice the 9mm or .40 caliber designation on the Mark III. o_O
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

1) Don't know what WADR means sub moa...but I asked Ten Ring the question as to why we need two threads on the same subject.

2.) No...I cannot merge the two. Ask that you guys copy and paste the content here into the original thread...then I will close this one.

Original:
    http://www.browningowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-power-discontinued-true.6610/

3.) Not much activity...?! This forum has grown about 15% since January...It is up to the membership to post...I just work here.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2017
  8. sub-moa

sub-moa .410

WADR = With All Due Respect, an expression meant either to soften a point of disagreement during an actual discussion, OR...in this case, a predicate intended to acknowledge respect for another's position.

Re: "cannot merge"; roger that Shooter; understood. Copied/pasted appropriate content as suggested.

No disrespect intended at all directed at the forum Shooter. By not "much activity", I was referring only to the activity here on the BHP sub-forum as I perceived it and lamenting there wasn't more. I'd love to see more participation by the members...
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

OK...no problem.

Thank you for the clarification...