The Twenty must have heard me talking about her...problem stopped?

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by In The Ten Ring, Aug 28, 2015.

1. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

I think the 20 gauge heard me speaking with Art and realized the error of her ways. The sticking bolt (1/2 way if hammer cocked) suddenly stopped about 30 seconds ago!

Perhaps it is an intermittent problem or maybe she just needs a good cleaning. Too bad some jackass put the mag tube end cap on so tight I need a wrench!

By the way, what does one do with a mag tube end cap that is on too tight?
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

If your name is Bubba use Vise Grips, otherwise use a strap wrench or at the very least pad the wrench jaws with a piece of leather.

If the problem happened once it'll happen again. I'm guessing the Action Tube is broken. Like I said, you can disassemble it yourself or go ahead and let Art fix it. If it is the tube you'll have to send it anyway.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Bubba....nice !
  4. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

I was thinking about using a blow torch, you know, heat it up, probably come right on off. ;)

A strap wrench eh? I'll look into that, thanks!

I wondered that too, if it was just me or if it would happen again.

I am going to try and shoot it soon and then maybe try and take it down: I will need some finer tripped screw drivers though, and I already have a Brownell's hollow ground set but those aren't fine enough for the A5 screws.
  5. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Brownell's sells a set for Brownings as does Midwest Gun Works.
  6. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

I know but thanks. I will need a set.