The Shooting Range....My Home away from Home

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by Billythekid, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

How often do you guys go to the range? I go just about every weekend and to think about it the last time i didn't was back in July. Personally for me, the best way to start off the weekend is blowing up some clays at the skeet & trap fields....
  2. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

I try to go at least once a week but its not always possible with my schedule.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

I average around once a week...usually on a weekday, because of the volume of range goers on the weekends.

Being retired does have it's advantages...like having the whole range to yourself !! ;)
  4. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Going on the weekend, I tend to get stuck at the range for most of the day. Although i don't normally mind it because there is always someone to shoot with. I have yet to make a weekday but the range by my house is only open on Thursdays and Fridays for a couple of hours.
  5. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

WISH I could go that often, but with busy schedules and other stuff to do, it's more like once a month. I'm such a slacker. :)

It's not cheap around here, either. Trap / skeet - $9 a round plus ammo.
  6. robert guilliams

robert guilliams .270 WIN

Try to go a least once during the week and then every other weekend for sure. Will agree weekend is much slower here in Texas. Usually all the part time shooters come out, which slows things down. It’s $9.50 a round at most places. Unless they offer membership.
  7. Tim Lange

Tim Lange Copper BB

I try to live fire once a week, usually 50 rounds. I also dry fire at least 100 times in the evening, Monday through Friday. I have a G-Sight laser in my pistol and an app on my phone to record the hits. Since I started dry firing I have doubled the number of 10 ring hits at 7 yards. I'm up to 90% in the 10 ring at 7 yards.