Stock washer/safety problem

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by Mr Drysdale, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Mr Drysdale

Mr Drysdale Copper BB

i recently acquired a used A-Bolt II in 260 Rem. caliber. I cleaned the rifle and carried to the range to sight in. That is when I discovered that I could not slide the safety to the safe position. Somewhat puzzled I disassembled the rifle and the safety worked perfectly. I reassembled and slide it forward and could not get it back to safe again. That's when I remembered a flat elongated piece from working on my .308 A-Bolt not being on this one. I have ordered this part from Midway and it is on back order. My question is do you think this is the problem? Anyone else experienced this?
  2. Mr Drysdale

Mr Drysdale Copper BB

Well, since I got no responses, that was the problem. The prior owner apparently left the stock washer off when he reassembled the rifle. When left off the safety can be pushed off but will not slide back to safe. I have not received the replacement part yet but pulled one off of another rifle. BTW it shoots the Core Lokts to sub MOA. Happy!
    MZ5 likes this.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Good to hear the problem is solved...