Sporting clays pisses me off

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by win7stw, Jul 18, 2020.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

So I shot my personal best Thursday night. I shot a 48 and was full of confidence. Then I shot a 100 bird event today and dropped 6 of my first 10 birds. I couldn’t recover and ended up with a 72. Head games got the best of me today
    Rick H likes this.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I’d kill for a 72.
    KyBoB likes this.
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Most times I’d be happy with that. This year I’ve been shooting really well. I’m averaging a 44 so I was a bit frustrated. There was a 5 way tie and the other guys didn’t want to do a shoot off and I lost to a coin toss.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

A coin toss? Our shoot offs are usually Sudden Death Doubles. It usually goes fast.
  5. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

That’s a good idea. I’ll mention that to the owner
  6. Coyote56

Coyote56 .410

Heading out for a round in a few hours. Not scoring today. Breaking in a new shotgun.
    Beretta A400 Xcel.
    E3BD2CFD-3F28-4533-9474-6C5ED250B395.jpeg
    win7stw likes this.
  7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Good luck. A guy on my squad shoots on of those and never has issues. The only problem with it is it launches the hulls into the next county.

I went 37 straight last night on sporting and then proceeded to get a 2 on the next station and a 3 on the following. No excuses either as they are two of the softer stations. Ended up with a 45 which isn't too bad for me but I should have been high shooter of the squad. Lost to my nemesis by a bird.
  8. Coyote56

Coyote56 .410

Beretta worked quite well yesterday. You were right about the hulls though.
  9. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Guy I shoot with has one of these. Your right when we shoot Fitasc the shells are 2 miles from the stand and we get penalised targets if you don’t pick up empties before moving.
  10. Rick H

Rick H Copper BB

Just started shooting sporting clays again. Shot a humbling 31/50 first time out.