So.. the 1911-380 is now discontinued?

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by MutinousDoug, Feb 11, 2021.

1. MutinousDoug

MutinousDoug .22LR

What have you heard?

Disappointed? Yes.
    Surprised ? Given the lack of support? No.

Time to put it away, for now.
  2. drewzter

drewzter .22LR

Maybe more valuable ? We will see. I have not shot mine in a long time. 380 is kind or a pain to load . Tiny powder loads and last time I forgot to zero my scale and under loaded about 100 rounds. would not cycle reliably even with a reduce power spring.
  3. KD6EVH

KD6EVH .22LR

Dang!

I try not to carry out of production guns. That is just because I know that I will get upset if anything happens to something that cannot be easily replaced.

I have no problems with reloading 380. That said, I really like the grip safety of the 1911-380. I am not sure what I will replace it with. I might go back to my Glock-42, but I really don't like the "safe trigger" which of course means, no safety at all.

Wait! Edited to add, where are you seeing this notice of discontinuance? I checked Brownings site and saw no mention of it being discontinued.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  4. MutinousDoug

MutinousDoug .22LR

See Browning's own website:

https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/pistols/1911-380/discontinued.html

The website seems to be a little confusing?
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  5. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

6. MutinousDoug

MutinousDoug .22LR

My bad! They're not discontinuing The Black Label; they're discontinuing the Black Label with two magazines.
    Glad you guys were able to clear that up for me.
  7. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

Late to the party but wanna confirm.........

My GF really likes the wood-gripped with gold "buck's head" inlay Black Label version.

Has it been discontinued?

I want to get her one.
  8. walto

walto Copper BB

called Browning customer service they are not discontinued the 1911 according to them.
  9. JimCunn

JimCunn .410

Respnding to an out dated post.
    The 1911-380 has NOT been discontinued.
  10. Drop the .380 and put a .45 into production.
  11. JimCunn

JimCunn .410

I like the 85% 1911 enough that I have two 1911-380s and two .22 conversion assemblies, plus a 1911-22. Great little guns.
    When I want .45 acp, I'll shoot my Commander or my 1860 Army .45 acp Conversion.