Shot my new-to-me A 5's today.

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by In The Ten Ring, Apr 11, 2016.

1. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

I finally got around to shooting the A5 20-gauge I bought over a year ago and the 16 gauge I bought last summer.

I LOVE THEM BOTH!

Both seemed to shoot a wee bit low but not enough to matter I don't think. The 20 didn't seem to kick hardly at all but the 16 seemed even more pleasant somehow. I'm eager to take both hunting next fall.

I'll try and get pics of each this week.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

About time!
    Rob poston and SHOOTER13 like this.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Looking forward to the pictures...
  4. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Very nice... very nice!
  5. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

Pics are here!

Auto 5 in 20 Gauge, 2 3/4th chamber, full choke. Hard to see but it has the purple tint to the barrel and may be a reblue as the receiver looks great but seems to have some rust when seen in sunlight. It shoots great but I've got to get rid of the magazine plug.

[​IMG]

Receiver closeup, sorry about the flash.

[​IMG]

Stealth 16. I love this shotgun! The wood has a "solid" feel to it and and love red-tinted hardwoods. The one piece shell elevator is a bit awkward but I can live with it.

[​IMG]

This monte carlo stock sold me on it, it's pretty rare I guess. I also like the sling swivels, I like those on shotguns or any hunting long arm.

[​IMG]

A member here speculated that this shotgun was sold in a West German PX and the soldier brought it back home with him. Oh, the times back then! I wish I knew the history of all my arms.....

[​IMG]
  6. jryser

jryser .22LR

What a great piece!!! Enjoy ur A5's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In The Ten Ring likes this.
  7. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

Thanks man. I passed up a similar plain barrel 20 in 2009 because I was putting all my money towards skydiving then. That particular A5 had a deep scratch down its receiver also. So this 20 gauge was the result of me looking for one since 2009! I got it for $755.00 on GB or close to that.

The 16 was near $800.00 I think, also a GB buy. Most GB sellers are honest, in my experience, but as my recent purchase shows (there is a thread on here about it) there are some crooks out there.
  8. XDMBOB

XDMBOB .270 WIN

Beautiful guns, enjoy them, oh,shoot them more often, they enjoy it too! :confused: