Rst shells

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Ranger6, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

So got a little surprise today from RST. I called and talked to Chris. Really nice guy. I have to say I like their shells, so thought I would share.

Attached Files:

2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

And the second page

Attached Files:

3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I like their shells too. Too bad I’m not rich.
  4. Ranger6

Well me either, I buy to reload the 2 1/2 inch. I just ordered some regular cheddite hulls to cut down. Had to order ballistic products hull trimmer, still haven’t heard from byrddog about one of his trimmers. So hopefully they will crimp fine and I will be able to save on that too. I got about 3 reloads out of the RST shells, before they split. Still playing with the right load to get my A5 to cycle. That sheet from rst should be a big help.
  5. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I don’t think the trimmer would be too hard to make. I’ll take pictures of mine and post them if you’re interested.
  6. Ranger6

Yes for sure. I have sent several emails and pm’s with no reply. Really wonder if he is still around. I have heard various reviews about the trim doctor II from ballistic products. Thanks Rudolph31
  7. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

OK, watch this space...

I’ve got BP’s Trim Doctor, I found it to be a real PITA.
  8. Ranger6

You got the trim doctor or trim Doctor II? The later is supposed to be improved.
  9. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I’ve got the original. Reading the reviews on the II, the new one doesn’t seem like a big improvement. That will make you appreciate this thing all the more.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  10. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

[​IMG] Ignore the SMLE charger, I’m just using it as a stand.

[​IMG]
  11. Ranger6

Different email address. Just sent another one. We will see what happens. Thanks
  12. Ranger6

I may be able to whip something up like that if I don’t hear from him.
  13. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

[​IMG]
    He even included spare blades.[​IMG]
  14. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

15. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

The blade has just a little pitch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. Ranger6

Thank you sir that should give me a starting point. Looks like this weeks project at work. Pretty dead in my world so should have plenty of time to get started. Don’t know if I can find the phenolic local or not.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  17. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I think I’d start out with a dowel.
  18. Ranger6

Probably a safe bet. Went to local Home Depot today. Line out the door and everyone in mask. Decided to keep driving.
  19. Ranger6

Looks like a 5/8 dowl should do the trick
  20. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Hell I should be able to make one of those. I bet I could get one of our machinists at work to build one out of aluminum.