RMC brass hulls

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Ranger6, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Just wondering if anyone has an experience with the rmc hulls. One of the other members on here put this bug in my head(win7). Looks like from my research you can use any load that you would put in a plastic shell will work with these, however, some say the magtech are questionable with smokeless powder. It is being done by some. The rmc shells seem to be superior from what I'm reading. The rmc made ones are $7 a shell with a wait time of 4-5 months. They use 209 primers, the magtech use large pistol primers. Not much load info out there for either, but have found some load data using greendot and unique. Some are saying they get 10-15 reloads without resizing. The dies are available from Buffalo reloading, but are a little steep on the price.
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I have no experience with brass hulls but I’d buy the hulls that accept the 209 primers.

With all the chaos going on right now I expect metallic primers are going to be hard to get
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Yea that was my thinking. I don’t reload riffle anymore so don’t have them. I’m gonna call rmc today and talk to them, says on website they don’t have reloading data but never know when actually talking to someone