Recoil Pad

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by cavmedic, Oct 28, 2016.

1. cavmedic

cavmedic Guest

I have a question on grind to fit pads. Is there a grind to fit pad that is designed to prevent muzzle flip? I know the new x bolts have a recoil pad (inflex recoil pad) designed for that specifically and people like it. I figured maybe one of the grind to fit ones may have it too.

The muzzle doesn't jump too much on my .308 but it would be nice to control it even more.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

" Is there a grind to fit pad that is designed to prevent muzzle flip?"

Not too sure...maybe a member here will know.
  3. Blakers

Blakers .22LR

I don't know the answer regarding muzzle flip, but are you having trouble finding a good recoil pad for your BLR? I ordered a Limbsaver 10601 from Amazon that was supposed to be for BLR, but it did not fit. I thought about going with a grind-to-fit Limbsaver, but for now at least, I'm just going to put the original one back on and live with it. Nothing wrong with the original except it seems to be dried out and doesn't have much give. Not ready to go the grind-to-fit route yet.
  4. cavmedic

cavmedic Guest

None of the pre fit ones work well, so I hear. Not one person on several forums I've checked has said one fits the BLR well. Grind to fit is your best option. Looks silly to have a beautiful rifle with a pad that doesn't fit right.
    Blakers likes this.