Problems, problems, problems....

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by donutslayer, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Well, I have a x-bolt in 30'06, composite stalker. I recently have moved my reloading shed to a vacant room in my house. I discovered a full ammo can of 300WSM and reloading dies, I use to shoot a win model 70 (that I sold). Now my problem, Which x-bolt in 300WSM do I get now? I'm thinking of another composite stalker as I would cry if I scratched a Eclipse Hunter, but they are so beautiful. And I usually mod my stock to fit me better, IE karsten cheek riser, 13.25"LOP and such. What say yall. I know, I know, such problems......
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

3. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

If you are taking up a poll, I say X-bolt Medallion.
    I can completely understand your concerns, but I just love a wood stocked bolt rifle! I have often wondered why Browning does not offer a Duratouch option for their lumber-hunters. I think it would be cool, give that nice grip & touch, and still have that warm, attractive appearance of wood. Perhaps a call to their facilities might be able to get something custom coated. If not, there are companies that can do it for you. Give Hogue a try, as well. Good luck!
  4. The Browning X Bolt Eclipse Hunter is probably one of the single toughest stocks they make. The Black Laminate thumbhole Stock is a good choice if you like thumbhole stocks. In terms of scratching it know this....the toughest single stock ever on an X Bolt are the Black Laminate. I own a lot of that stock, both custom and Browning. I prefer the X Bolt All Weather. Normal stock. Now unfortunately discontinued, some still can be found. The Eclipse has the thumbhole in the Laminate and it would be hard to scratch. The Hunter is a nice Eclipse style, but if you are worried about scratching it know that NO other stock would hold up better. Not the Carbon Weave Pro, Nothing would be tougher to marr than the Laminate. Durability Touch will be completely GONE for 2019 as it has too many failures.