Picture posting protocol

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Biz, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Biz

Biz 20g

Hello everyone,

For the purpose of my collection, I often look at pictures published on gun forum. However, they don’t always cover the elements that are relevant for a restoration project. Do you think a protocol could be propose for posting pictures.
    Thank you for your ideas
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I have complained many times about posting pics. It’s way more difficult then necessary. Should be able to upload your pics with one button. The file is always to big. This can be fixed to make it more user friendly, all my emails and post have fallen on deaf ears. The new staff member ripjack13 does visit the site and made some changes for me. The founder was last on the site a few days ago, but have never got an answer from him. Good luck!
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    ripjack13 likes this.
  3. Biz

Biz 20g

What I meant by protocol was more what relevant aspect of the gun should be shown. For example, the marking on the barrel, the serial number, the buttplate, the right and the left side of the receiver, etc..
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I think it all needs to be shown if you have a rare gun. You can learn a lot from other pictures, ie... barrel codes, proof marks. If it’s not rare and a really nice restoration then same goes. I don’t think I would ever get tired of looking at a nicely restored A5.
  5. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Biz,

I think it’s a great idea, and you should write it. Then we’ll ask Ripjack to make it a sticky.

I am always frustrated by the pictures, especially on gun auction sites. The choke and date codes at least should be clearly shown, along with the serial number. I don’t know why they hide the number, are they selling stolen guns?
    kumpe and ripjack13 like this.
  6. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator

I've done everything I could. I wish they would fix it, but I don't think they're into the forum stuff anymore. None of em have been on in a long time.
    I log in on the founders account to approve memberships, he tried to fix it so I could do it on my account, but no luck. So that was probably me at that time.

I'm going to see if I can bring on a guy who does the xenforo stuff. Most likely it will come out of my pocket to pay the guy to do stuff.
    He did great things with a wood forum I also moderate at.
    I'll keep y'all posted if it happens.

If you need anything else, let me know.
    Sorry fellas!
    Rudolph31 and Ranger6 like this.
  7. Ranger6

Ripjack13 thank you for taking time to do this. Please keep us posted and I’m sure the community would come together if any help is needed. Thanks again.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  8. Biz

Biz 20g

Sorry for the late follow up I was visiting a foreign country call U.S.A. Before I propose something, I think it will be good to get some ideas from other members.
  9. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

You were here? I didn’t see you!
    ripjack13 likes this.
  10. ripjack13

I tried adjusting some things. I'm copying another forums number settings, but we're not up to date as much as the forum I'm copying. Missing a bunch of add ons, updates, and other things.

But....let's see if you guys can load up some pics here....lemme know what happens.
  11. ripjack13

12. ripjack13

Ok. Seems to work for me. I just had to compress it.
    I do this by sending the picture to myself via picture text, then save the incoming picture, and that's the one I load up.
    I sometimes have to do that on mossbergowners, but it seems to working for that.

Lemme know how it goes for you....
    And what exactly you do when you load pixs....
  13. ripjack13

14. ripjack13

That's straight from my camera! Wooo!
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  15. Ranger6

42CB5B0D-A4E8-426C-A0D8-E01157F36786.jpeg
    Hey Ripjack13 just wanted to try it. I had this on my phone. Old A5 mag. Looks like it works now. Thank you so much.
    O forgot.... what I did was hit upload file, select from photo library on I phone and that was it. Easy pease
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    DHonovich, ripjack13 and Rudolph31 like this.