New X-Bolt Browning Owner

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by cupton, Feb 2, 2015.

1. cupton

cupton .410

My 1st post here and just saying Hi! I just last week purchased an X-Bolt Stainless Stalker in .30-06. This is my 1st browning rifle (Dad owns a Hi-Power). I inherited my grandfathers Remington 721 in .270 a couple months ago and love shooting it. After shooting the Remmy I got the bolt action bug and ended purchasing the X-Bolt. We are moving to the Pittsburgh area this summer so I figured the Stalker Stainless would be the way to go for that climate.

I did my research on the X-Bolt before purchasing and and there was very little of anything negative said about it.
    fortis_risk likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum...and Pennsylvania, my home state !!

The X-Bolt is a fine platform for the .30-06...great for whitetail here in PA.

Do you have a picture of the X-Bolt to share with the membership...?!
  3. cupton

cupton .410

Sorry, not the best photo at the moment. Just a quick shot right out of the box when I got it home. Honestly, I think its a perdy rifle no matter what the photo looks like! ;)

http://cl.ly/image/0w3x1s380w2d
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Very nice...!!
  5. cupton

cupton .410

Thanks! I went with a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 scope on a DNZ Game Reaper mount. After reading reviews and looking at the setup I decided on this setup and am VERY happy with it so far. Granted I have yet to fire a round out of it but that'll change soon.

Tomorrow I pick up my sons Savage Weather Warrior in .30-06. He's pretty excited. A special order item for him since he's a south paw.

We're ready for the PA weather!!!
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Yea...the Pennsylvania weather has been colder than Alaska lately. ;)
  7. You could not do better than the X Bolt. In wonder how it worked fir you in the field? I personally think the Stainless Steel Barrel And Action is a great way to go.
  8. cupton

cupton .410

Well, I can't really comment on how it worked out in the field. I held it a lot and its a nice rifle to trek around with but In my 3 years of using it I have yet to pull the tigger outside of the range. Not for lack of trying! Just nobody told me when I bought it that it wasn't a rifle AND a deer tracker all-in-one. ;)

On the range its a sweet sweet shooter and I absolutely love it.
  9. I have had friends who were tremendously interested in Bolt action rifles. I have seen the antlers from the best they ever shot and I would not have even fired at them. The X Bolt Stainless Steel Stalker though does get you in the hunt with a beautiful and durable rifle. You also have a caliber which is cable of killing what you shoot at. I would practice on range scenarios to mimic actual hunting conditions as closely as possible. Perfect practice makes perfect. I have done this with my preferred hunting style, with a Nikon D 7500 and 200-500 lens. I practiced it long enough and got fast enough on the draw so that when the big Phantom Bucks did appear I got amazing, steady and clear shots! And that gear is tougher to use than shooting your dandy Browning Stainless Steel Stalker. But when it finally happens, you are going to be really Happy! Your photo of your rifle is nice. Last Sunday we had a lone Coy Wolf kill a full sized deer on a Frozen Lake. A Big Bald Eagle and a huge Raven showed up! Hopefully your Pennsylvania deer are not getting exposed to these tough conditions.
  10. cupton

cupton .410

Yea, like I said, its a sweet shooter and a joy to shoot. I love heading the the range I belong to because right at the front gate there is a bald eagle nest up in the tree. When she's there in it, its really easy to forget why I came to the range because I can stare at her for quite a while. Such a beautiful animal!
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018