New To The Forum

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by Voyager28, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Voyager28

Voyager28 Copper BB

First time posting here on the Browning forum. I am active on a couple of other forums but this is my first post here.

I have a BLR 81 TD in 30-06 that I dearly love. Because of my age and eyesight I seldom shoot over 200 yards but at that distance it is truly a tack driver. If I had any complaint it would be the trigger but, over the years I've gotten used to it and learned to live with it. Action is incredibly smooth and fires, ejects, feeds and locks first time every time.

Mine is a TD model and I did actually take it down once when I first got it. It has, however, never been taken down since so I have no idea if doing so would have any effect on accuracy. Considering the quality of this rifle, I seriously doubt it would have any effect at all but, I see no need to take it down in the first place.

When it comes to firearms I am a very conservative and a stodgy old cuss. All of my rifles, except for one, are lever action; Henry 22 WMR, Marlin 336C in 30-30, and my BLR 81 TD in 30-06. (The exception is a Ruger 581 Series Mini-14 SS Ranch Rifle. BTW, it too is a tack driver contrary to popular opinion) Plus, all of my hand guns, except one, are revolvers and of S&W manufacture. (The exception being a Walther PPK in .380 that is my daily carry weapon)

My next intended firearm purchase will be a BLR in .308.

Well, that's about it and me in a nut shell. :)
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Bob !!
  3. tony m

tony m Copper BB

hi , fairly new here myself,I like lever guns too.My takedown does not quite hold poi, it moves a bit on takedown.great for cleaning though