New T-Bolt On The Way

Discussion in 'Browning T-Bolt Rifle' started by Sartori42, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Sartori42

Sartori42 Guest

Hello,

I have a new T-Bolt Target/Varmit (walnut stock) in 22 WMR on its way to me. I'm looking to "complete the package". I also have a Leupold 3-9x33 Rimfire Scope and the integrated scope mounting rings on order. I think the only items I'm missing are a sling and a carrying case. Does anyone here have a suggestion on these items? I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Steven
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome Steve...

Slings are kinda personal...there are many different flavors depending on your preference.

Carry cases...depends...soft case or hard. ?
  3. Sartori42

Sartori42 Guest

I can see how slings would be personal. I went to Midway USA''s Web site and the options were kind of overwhelming. I'm not even sure where to start....

I'm sure I just want a soft case. I looked at some on the Browning web site, but wondered if there was a "crowd favorite".
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

I myself like the BULLDOG Brand of Soft Cases...

Well Built...Inexpensive...Works for my AR / AK / Mossberg(s) / Marlin(s)...almost every long gun I own that didn't come with a hard case...like the Thompson did.

I don't really need a case that has the Browning Name on it...but, some do.

Try Sportsman's Guide...for the brand above and other offerings. Shipping tends to be a cheaper.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

As far as slings...only my Remington(s) hunting rifles... one Mossberg 500....and my M1 Garand wear one.

The rest of my collection are range rifles...and to me...slings just get in the way of the bag rests.
  6. Box Car

Box Car .22LR

I went with a Plano hard case with egg shell foam liner, and for the sling I chose another Browning embroidered black rubberized cloth style. How do you like your T-bolt so far?
  7. By far the favorite shooting sling, and the one I use on my Browning T Bolt, but take it off to put on any rifle where I actually have to use the sling to shoot, like in off hand competition, which I have excelled at for many years, is the Hunter Brand military style sling 1 inch width, adjusted out to the furthest setting. Amazing how many gun dealers who have said, that is also MY favorite! That sling by the way I bought in 1962. The same sling is still available at Hunter.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018