New Deer Riffle

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Ranger6, Oct 20, 2020.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

That sucks. It’s too bad you had the scope mounted and boresighted
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I may order another tank and valve from somewhere else, just money right. Still not shooting it tomorrow, so that sucks. Gonna jack with it again after trick or treat. And if they want the whole riffle back, they can keep it.
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Back in business, tank filled. Thought about this valve all evening. Guess my mechanic side got to me, decided to take the valve apart, was ready to order new valve anyway to be here in time for deer hunt, cleaned, lubed a little with browning secret oil(30 weight). Put it back together and ta-da it filled to 3000 psi. Let it sit overnight and see what happens. Hopefully will be shooting tomorrow
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Good deal. Sometimes at work if we have leaky pneumatics and we can’t work on it while the unit is online we will give the actuator or valve a shot of Marvel Mystery Oil. It will usually work long enough to get us by
    Ranger6 likes this.
  5. murphranch

murphranch .410

How did this turn out for you? Have you shot it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. Ranger6

Yes have had more problems, but not with the airforce. The carbon fiber tank now fills on the riffle. After shooting it the tank on the riffle would only fill to 2800 psi. Airforce sent me a new tank to try, these rifles have lifetime warranty, and they are pretty good people to work with. Long story short the problem from the beginning turned out to be the big fill tank that is used to fill the tank on the rifle.
    murphranch likes this.
  7. Ranger6

Zero at 50 yards. 1/2 group. Moved to 100 yards. Shooting 415 grain bullet. Best I could get was 4 inch groups. Back on the phone with airforce and they agree there is a problem. Offered for me to send it in, so they could deal with it. I agreed to shoot one more bullet type before returning. The 415 grain drops about 9 “ at 100 yards. I will be trying a spitzer type bullet today. It’s a 530 grain bullet.
    All my bullets are coming from a place called MR. Hallowpoint. Guys name is Robert out of Chicago. These bullets are hand made, and were recommended by airforce tech, as being the most accurate.
    murphranch likes this.