New A5 barrels: looking for 30inch for my stalker 3.5 inch chamber

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Glenn Mac, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Glenn Mac

Glenn Mac Copper BB

Let me know

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

good to have your sir, honestly the best place to find a barrel is gonna be ebay, gun broker. I recently seen once of these on ebay. not sure if its still there or not? good luck in your search. keep us posted. you also may be able to contact Browning with some luck.
  3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Or that. Good call buddy. Didn’t even think of them. Ouch kind of expensive. Well don’t have one of those yet......
  5. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I have no interest. And I wish Browning had named it something else — it’s the reason I no longer refer to our guns as the A5. I always use Auto-5 to avoid confusion.
    win7stw, antman73 and Ranger6 like this.
  6. Ranger6

Rudolph31 I agree on the name. I have held the new A5 several times and just don't see it. A lot of people like them, but have no comparison to the Auto5
    I still haven't figured out why Browning would adopt a Benelli system in something they wanted to replace the tried and true Auto5, that we all love.
  7. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Uhhhhhh.....so should I now refer to all mine as "Auto 5s", and the new fangled thing an "A5"?
  8. Ranger6

Yep. I kinda like " fangled thing"
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  9. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Bill, I’ll know what you are talking about. Typing out Auto-5 is just what I do to avoid confusion. If I had one of those square Benellis, I’d call it the New A5.
  10. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

When they came out didn’t Browning advertise it as not your Grandpas A5 or some shit like that? I’d much rather have my grandpas “outdated” Auto 5 than one of the new A5’s but I might be a little biased
  11. Ranger6

Yes you are correct sir. That was exactly what they said” not your grandpa’s A5”. My grandpa would have laughed at the new A5 and ask if it was a real gun.
  12. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

My only problem with the gun is the name. And I guess the shape. The inertial action seems to work well enough. It’s just that it’s not JMB’s masterpiece.
    antman73 likes this.
  13. antman73

antman73 .410

Not JMB's masterpiece but the new formation of his company trying to benefit from it.