New A5 Adjustable recoil pad plate

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by miscverb, Jul 3, 2019.

1. miscverb

miscverb Copper BB

has anyone ever put one on a new A5 model? It looks like the challenge will be due to the screw inlets that stick out past the stock end might be an issue since most recoil pad plates are looking to mate against a flat surface. Any input appreciated.

Thanks
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Morning sir, I have never had any shotgun with an adjustable butt pad. Love my Browning’s but not a big fan of the new A5. I would recommend calling Midwest Gun Works. I know they install adjustable butt pads. Most of the people in this section are stuck on the old A5 like myself.
    I have looked and handled the new A5 a couple of times but not real familiar with it. Have you had any issues with it? Good luck
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  3. miscverb

miscverb Copper BB

No issues with it, it has been a fantastic shotgun for what i do. Just wanted to put an adjustable recoil pad plate on it. And actually I am new to the A5 shotgun world, and looking forward to learning why others love the old style A5 so much.

Thanks, i will check into midwest gun works. Happy 4th of July America!!!
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I would think it could be done. Call MGW and ask to talk to a gunsmith. Sometimes they are not real willing at first but keep at it. The gunsmiths are all nice people.
    Why do we love the old A5 so much? Well I think that needs to be a new post. Glad to have you. Hope you enjoy the forum. Happy 4th also.