Need older users manual

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Jim Birke, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Jim Birke

Jim Birke Copper BB

I just picked up a 1929 12 ga. A5 shotgun. I've downloaded a manual but it's for a later model as a lot of stuff in it is not on my gun. I also downloaded a field service manual but it has the same problem. There are 1950's manuals on eBay. I asked whether this would cover the older models with the safety on the front of the trigger guard and the seller indicated it covered covered one with the rear safety. Does anyone know where I can get the proper manual?
    Thanks. Jim B
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Good luck with that. You want a manual for a pre-1951 Auto-5. Most of the ads on Gunbroker don't specify the year, and most want over $40 for info that can be downloaded for free. I found one ad for $18 for a manual that might, but probably won't, fill the bill. It doesn't mention the 20 gauge, so it's pre-1958. Speed Load was introduced in 1953.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/616814670
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. Jim Birke

Jim Birke Copper BB

Thank you gentlemen. Neither of your suggestions work. I'll keep looking.
  5. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

According to S/V, up until the mid 1930's the "Owners Manual" consisted of a hang tag with instructions on assembly, loading, and adjusting the friction pieces. It was about the size of a file card -- obviously not written by lawyers.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  6. snapcap

snapcap Copper BB

Try "Steve's Pages" for gun manuals
    Hairtrigger likes this.
  7. jryser

jryser .22LR

There is a fella on gunbroker.com who sells every kind of manual you can ask for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

Stevespages is the first place I look for manuals
    More there than anywhere else I know