Model type of A5

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Outback, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Outback

Outback Copper BB

The A5 that I have is a PX so I think 83 light 12 guage , What is known about or the difference in the models this has Acier special c12 cart on the barrel made in Japan .
    Any insight folk .
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Full sentences man...we don't do TXT here... :rolleyes:
  3. Outback

Outback Copper BB

I'm to old to do TXT ! The serial number 529 33 PX 211 , I believe is a 83 light 12 gauge .
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

You’re right, you have a 1983 (PX) Light Twelve (211). Your gun is a World Market Auto-5. Browning imports say SPECIAL STEEL on the barrel. Acier Special is French for special steel.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  5. Outback

Outback Copper BB

Thank for the info , I'm a just retired agricultural engineer and don't have a screw driver fine enough for the action screws so have purchased a set from Brownall.s so I'm going to have to shoot her dirty till I can get her stripped out !
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Welcome to the site.

While you’re waiting for your screwdrivers, you might want to download the Field Service Manual from Midwest Gun Works and watch Art Isaacson’s videos. There’s no hurry to tear your gun down, as there is plenty of room in the receiver for both parts and dirt...
  7. Outback

Outback Copper BB

Sure , I was watching Randy Wakeman video's to get a feel for the guns and got the link of here reading a lot of old post for a Field Service Manual . The mechanism is absolutely full of grease and crap from years ago but from what I can clean and see doesn't appear to have any wear . I was looking to buy a auto for pigeon shooting and all I saw were lifeless then the A5 came along and was total impressed with the quality and feel of the gun . I have old Winchester rifles and they have the same aura .
  8. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

You will enjoy your Auto-5. Shooting it, working on it, and learning about it. It’s a fascinating shotgun. Post a picture when you get a chance.

[​IMG]
  9. Outback

Outback Copper BB

Well took the girl out for a date with the pigeons today , very impressed ........
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Good to hear it went well...