MEC Marksman Press

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Ranger6, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Haven’t got the first yet, but got a new press in today. Will be using it for brass 16 gauge shells and some 300 win mag in the future. This thing is built like a tank.

Attached Files:

win7stw likes this.
  2. Norske

Norske .410

If the ram is made of tool steel, you can not only resize and convert brass, you may be able to swage bullets. The frame certainly appears to be up to it.
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Damn it will be buying one of those too. Think I want the stand/riser with it
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I looked at the stand also. It just puts it too high on my table. I sit in a comfortable chair when I reload and that’s what I built my table from. I had to add the steel plate to mount it to the table.
  5. Ranger6

Norske
    I believe it will handle anything you throw at it. I was impressed at how heavy duty it’s made.
  6. Ranger6

New toys showed up today. Believe it or not I found them on eBay. Post said likely never used. I would agree after getting them. One step closer. Now gotta order the brass shells.

Attached Files:

win7stw likes this.
  7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Can’t wait to see the end result
  8. Ranger6

Yea it will be fun shooting brass in my EM Reilly. I want 50 of them, but at $7 a shell that’s kind of pricey. I just bought 410 barrels for my beretta 28 gauge, so need to get them fitted. I have way to many projects. And next Saturday I’m going to look at a 1938 sixteen A5. Can someone buy all the A5’s please. I don’t need another.
  9. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

(I want to think I am at the very least putting a small dent in their population. I promise I will start on the sixteens as soon as I get all the 12s bought up.)
  10. Ranger6

Thanks Bill. There is still hope then
  11. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

I am somewhat relieved in a left-handed way y'all are having heartburn over the short chambered 16s and everyone's efforts to reload for them. Reading the trials and tribulations here is helping me NOT getting into buying 16s. Thanks guys.
  12. Ranger6

For the most part Bill it’s easy to load short chamber shells. It’s when you start experimenting, but reloading is relaxing for me, so I don’t mind. You can always just buy RST shells and be done and never look back. Some of the reloading takes me back to the days with my grandfather. The older I get the more I want those old days back, not sure I can handle this new world we live in. When did a persons face on a pancake syrup bottle become racist?
    win7stw likes this.
  13. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Reloading short shells is easy. Making pretty roll-crimped shells is hard. And time consuming.
  14. Ranger6

Another piece showed up from buffalo reloading today. All that is lacking is the brass shells.

Attached Files:

15. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I don’t think I can take it much longer. I need one of those MEC presses.
  16. Ranger6

Yea I think it’s gonna work really well. Gonna order the shells in a couple weeks. Just spent a bunch on 2 more 600 mark v, more wads and reloading crap. Had to buy another tractor this weekend and clothes for the kiddo, so gotta wait for the kitty to recover. Don’t wanna dip into kitty back up, might be another A5 I can’t live without
    win7stw likes this.
  17. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Why do you need 2 more 600’s? New guns?
  18. Ranger6

Well I don’t have a 28 reloader. Local guy had 2 mark v for a good deal. So I’m gonna order a die kit, it’s a 410 now. When I got there he had a 12 gauge one too. So managed to get it for even cheaper. Think he was tired of dealing with trying to sell them. So the 12 gauge I’m gonna dedicate to my 2 1/2 inch for my Stevens and LC Smith.
  19. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Nice work. I have multiple presses so I don’t have to make adjustments when I switch loads
  20. Ranger6

You wouldn’t happen to have a load data for the 2 1/2 rst 12 gauge would ya? I done a little looking and not much out there. Got one for American select( low pressure), had to order wads. Would like to have one for green dot. Maybe 7/8 oz