Maxus Magazine spring question

Discussion in 'Browning Maxus Shotgun' started by Harry Lioce, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Harry Lioce

Harry Lioce Copper BB

I have an email into Browning but figure you guys would know this. Is the magazine spring on the Maxus a unique part or is it interchangeable with some other models they make? I had a rough duck season and as usual broke the gun down to the last pin after the last hunt. My mag spring took on some rust and while I could clean it and get rid of the rust I thought I would just replace it. I'm getting ready to order some stuff from Midway anyway and thought I would just get it from them but they don't carry a mag spring for a Maxus. However they carry springs for A5's and the old Gold guns etc. Any help would be appreciated.

HL
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Harry !!

Not sure about the interchangeability of the Maxus Mag Spring with other Brownings.

Maybe Numrich Gun Parts would have a dedicated Maxus Mag Spring...

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/
  3. Harry Lioce

Harry Lioce Copper BB

Just to follow up...I found the part on Numrich and Verified with Browning that this spring is unique to the Maxus. Browning offered it a good bit cheaper so I got it from them. Very pleasant experience with Browning support by the way.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Good to hear Harry...!!
  5. Last year I was cleaning the trigger group of my Maxus. One of the bushings that the retainer pins goes through, fell out and along with it the trigger spring because it no longer was held under tension. I called Browning to get a new spring but they wouldn't sell it to me and said to send the whole gun back. WTH?? I called Numrich and they said no problem. Plus they stated that they get the spring directly from Browning.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Numrich Gun Parts is always the first place I check for a part...