Looking for a scope for X Bolt long range stalker

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by Wazizit, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Wazizit

Wazizit .22LR

I just bought a new X Blot long range stalker 6.5 Creedmoor. I am looking for a cheap scope ($400-$700) for it. I moved a Night Force 12-42X56 from one of my F class rifles for load development. Does anybody have any experience with the Hawke Sidewinder 8-32×56 SR Pro or the Athlon Argos BTR 8-34x56? I'm finally breaking into the Creedmoor craze. This is also my first new browning. Here is a pic of my current setup. The stock has great grip and good feel but not what I'm used to. I ordered a Boyd's AT-ONE stock which is due in soon I hope. FYI, I have a couple ranges at the ranch here (50-880yrd's paper & 500yrd's metal) I usually hunt from 200yrd's to 800yrd's.

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Sorry...not familiar with those aforementioned scopes.

I recommend Leupold scopes...but your price delimiter is not within range
  3. Wazizit

Wazizit .22LR

Thanks for the input. My brother borrowed one of my Leupold VX-3i 6.5-20x50mm a couple years ago and wants to keep it. He is giving me a new Burris XTR II 8-40x50mm and XTR rings. He gets them on base at 50% off through some program. But hey this is free, well not free just a scope I never thought I was getting back anyway. Just finished up on some seating depth load for my Browning 6.5 creedmoor long range. 2 thousands otl got me a .247 (6 shot) group at 100yrds with ELD-M 140g and 41g of H4350. Gonna start playing with different powder weights tomorrow. That's 8 shots on that target. The first 2 I had my gloves on because it was cold.

Attached Files:

SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Damn nice shootin' ...!!