Like New A5 Light Twelve Advice

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Tom, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Tom

Tom .22LR

Hi group:

Looking to buy myself a retirement present of a like new light twelve, rib, modified. NIB would be nice but I intend to shoot it and not squirrel it away so like new would be fine too. Want advice as to where to look. I'm more interested in getting a beautiful gun than I am at getting a bargain.

I sold a lot of these at the sporting good store where I worked 40 years ago and I remember they were around $550 in the 70s. I was a poor student and couldn't afford one. I bought myself a Remington at the store for $167 and still have it like-new. Now I'd like to present an Auto 5 to my wife so she can give it to me.

Where is the best place to look for a like new Belgian A5? Thanks all for reading. Tom
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum .
  3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

REAL collectors go to auctions, but I've built most of my collection from Gunbroker. Just be patient, you'll find a lot of overpriced guns but also the occasional bargain. One way to get a pristine gun for a good price is to get one with a Poly-Choke. They depress prices, but I like them on a shooter.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    SHOOTER13 likes this.