KEL TEC

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by SHOOTER13, May 30, 2011.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Here are my Kel Tecs...a PF-9 and a P-32 ( shown with belt clips attached )

[​IMG]

The Kel-Tec PF-9 is a 9 mm caliber, recoil operated, locked breech, double action only, semi-automatic pistol based on (and sharing many parts with) Kel-Tec’s earlier P11 and P3AT models. Kel-Tec claims the PF-9 is the flattest and lightest 9 mm pistol ever mass-produced. It was designed as a concealment and backup weapon for law enforcement and for civilian concealed carry. Kel-Tec first released the PF-9 into the market in the fall of 2006.

The P-32 operates on Browning's short-recoil principle. The barrel travels a short distance rearward while locked to the slide and the rear is then tilted down and unlocked from the slide through the action of a cam slot. The slide then continues rearward under inertia, extracting the spent case from the chamber and ejecting it. This design closely follows the Browning Hi-Power design. After the slide reaches the limit of its travel, the compressed recoil spring moves it forward again, stripping a new round from the magazine into the chamber. The cam slot and take-down pin move the chamber upward and the locking lugs on the barrel reengage those in the slide. Kel Tec first released the P-32 in 1999.

[​IMG]

The PF-9 pictured above also has a Laserlyte Subcompact FSL-1 (v1) Laser attached.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Re: SHOOTER13's KEL TECS...

Kel Tec makes some of the smallest, lightest backup and concealed carry firearms in the world. I know there has to be a few proud owners of these hideaway pieces here...come on and show your Kel Tec's...
  3. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

The PF-9 is on my list of handguns to purchase in the near future! How do you like shooting it?
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

The PF-9 is a real nice hideaway...small, lightweight, and for it's size, it packs a punch with 9mm authority. I've carried it in the back pocket of my jeans, front pocket of my khaki's and side pockets of my BDU's with no problem. Also, with the clip that I added, I can carry it IWB strong side at 4 o'clock.

At the range, given it's light weight, it can be snappy with certain 9mm ammo...but I found that it feeds and shoots the Hornady Critical Defense 115grain well, hitting POA/POI at 15 yards...which is more than I ask of any bellygun with a 3.1" barrel. I just field stripped it when I first got it home, polished the feed ramp with my dremel, oiled, and worked the slide about 100 times while watching the news that night to loosen up the recoil spring. It now has close to 700 rounds downrange. The laser I added really helps in low-light situations.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Roger that maierer ! Thanks for sharing...
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Naw...here's a derringer ( .22 magnum )

[​IMG]

==================================================================
  7. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Global Moderator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I bought my Mom a two-tone P32 a few years back, but haven't owned a KelTec myself. My birthday's comin up in a month and it looks like the wife has finally given up on getting me anything non-firearm related. This time around she just asked what gun or gun part I wanted! After the Springer Mil-Spec she bought me for our anniversary I figured I'd go easy on her. I've had my eye on the new Coyote Brown PF9 for a few months now and when my LGS got one in it sealed the deal. We picked it up this afternoon...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KelTec did a great job on the finish with this little booger and it's got a great feel to it. Can't wait to get out to the range and put a few hundred rounds down range. This will definitely end up in the carry rotation once I get it properly broken in...
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Very nice Bro...!!

Looking forward to the range report... :cool:
  9. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Here's the P-32 I bought for my Mom a few years ago...

[​IMG]
  10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Great little pocket pistols...
  11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Here are the Kel Tec PF-9's that I bought my wife and daughter for Christmas.

They are chambered in 9mm and hold 7+1. Both were fluffed & buffed...taken to the range and I personally put two hundred rounds downrange through each before giving them as gifts. A few boxes of UMC ammo, a bore snake, and a large bottle of CLP were put into their stockings. Truly a "Shooter's Holiday"... ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

===================================================================
  12. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Great gifts Shooter!

So who got which color?
  13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Thanks SNIPER !!

The wife liked the solid black and my daughter loved the two tone blk/gry. Both were very surprised that Christmas morning...
  14. LAZY EYED SNIPER

I bet they were. Nice work!
  15. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Thanks my friend...!
  16. djh

djh .22LR

The Kel Tec P-32 is a great little carry gun. I never leave home without it.

The top one was mfg. in April 2001 and the bottom was mfg. April 2008.

Note the changes in the two. In my opinion the older gun is a better design then the newer one.

[​IMG]
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  17. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Yea...I hear ya djh !

I also own a 1st gen Kel Tec P32...