Just got a HP

Discussion in 'Browning Hi Power Handgun' started by BamaAlum97, Oct 13, 2012.

1. BamaAlum97

BamaAlum97 Copper BB

Just got this. Belgium made in 1982. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I hope to take care of that this week.

Attached Files:

Gator and Cliff Ittenhouse like this.
  2. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

Looks like a beauty! Keep us updated on how it shoots. Thanks for sharing.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Awesome firearm...I owned a Fabrique Nationale Hi-Power ( P35 ) with waffenamts made in 1939...which I later sold for $2500 to a collector. It was one of the few pistols used by both the Allied and Axis powers during WWII.
    Gator likes this.
  4. MrDig

MrDig .22LR

looks like a great shooter. I can't tell you how much I enjoy mine, even the copies I've owned or own.
  5. BamaAlum97

BamaAlum97 Copper BB

Put 6 mags through it yesterday. The attached picture shows the first 13 rounds from 20 ft.

Attached Files:

6. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

nice, is that a TV?
  7. BamaAlum97

BamaAlum97 Copper BB

Computer monitor. I work in IT...we take old unused and non-working equipment and use them at targets at the range. Took out a old Apple computer with a suppressed M5 later the same day...
  8. BamaAlum97

BamaAlum97 Copper BB

Can anyone a place online to purchase extra mags for a Hi Power? There is a local shop that carries them but they are asking $50/ea....I don't think so.

I would also be interested in hearing what holster options people are using....
  9. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

10. Soundguy

Soundguy .410

BamaAlum... CDNN INVESTMENTS has magazines. They are out of Abilene, TX. Good prices. Quick delivery. Every so often they get a bunch of HPs in stock. Been a while now.

I have two HPs. My favorites!
  11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Soundguy !!

Post some pics of those two HP's when you find the time...
  12. Darreld Walton

Darreld Walton Copper BB

SHOOTER13 likes this.
  13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome Darrel...

Please take the time to visit the New Member Welcome Area and tell the membership here a little background on yourself...
  14. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

15. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Thanks Rudolph...
  16. Congratulations but, they are habit forming, be careful. Welcome aboard.
    Steve
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  17. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Stephen !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum !!
  18. sjch

sjch Copper BB

Mec-Gar mags. They have 15 round mags too. You can find them for low $20’s to low $30’s. RTR.
  19. Ibmikey

Ibmikey .22LR

Welcome, As some others have suggested the Mec Garr magazines are the ones that will give you flawless functioning, I have many of the 13 round mags for my 20;Hi Powers without a magazine caused malfunction in the lot.