just curious

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by stevegmanion, Feb 11, 2019.

1. stevegmanion

stevegmanion .22LR

I recently purchased a CXT with ported barrels. I shot two rounds Thursday and decided to clean up the shotgun. I finished cleaning the bottom barre ( I had only used the bottom barrel ) then I thought I would run a patch down the top barrel. To my surprise it was almost as dirty as the bottom barrel was. This is the second time I have noticed this.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

So, this was a new Citori? If so, that’s very strange. Unless what you saw was preservative. Most of my manuals say to clean and lube the shotgun before the first use to remove the preservative.
  3. stevegmanion

stevegmanion .22LR

It was actually the third time I have cleaned it. Every time I used the bottom barrel and when I ran a patch down the upper barrel it came out dirty.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Strange. Do you think it’s coming in the ports?
  5. stevegmanion

stevegmanion .22LR

You know that crossed my mind.
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Well, you may as well load two...
  7. stevegmanion

stevegmanion .22LR

Rudolp31 Are you and I the only ones on this forum?
  8. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

It sure seems like it sometimes. I don’t know why the site’s not more popular. I’m mostly on the Auto-5 forum, but I try not to leave any post unanswered — provided I have something to say.

I have a Cynergy with ported barrels, but I’ve never just shot one barrel. Every game I play requires 2 shots. I’m not likely to go experiment, but I suggest that the next time you shoot you only use the top barrel and see if the bottom one gets dirty.

The best answer, is to give up Trap and start shooting something fun like Skeet or Sporting Clays!

[​IMG]
  9. stevegmanion

stevegmanion .22LR

I do shoot 5 stand and sporting clays occasionally. I volunteer at a MCD range and all we have there is trap and 5 stand. I connot afford to belong to a club.
    Rudolph31 likes this.