Is there a BLR in Takedown/Pistol Grip/Stainless?

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by TimCarBLR, Dec 13, 2016.

1. TimCarBLR

TimCarBLR Copper BB

I was at my local FFL today, looking at my new BLR Lightweight Stainless 308 Pistol Grip.
    (got a few days of California 10-Day wait time left on it, but I visit it when I can)

While I was there, one of the other customers asked why I didn't get it in Takedown.

I told him that there is no such thing as a BLR in Takedown+Pistol Grip+Stainless and he insisted that there is/was and he has shot one in 7mm Mag. When I said it must have been in Straight Grip, he was adamant that it was Pistol,Takedown and Stainless.

Is he just recalling a wishful dream he had, or was there ever such a treasure as this?
    (If there was, I'm going on a treasure hunt now)

I don't see any traces of it on Browning's "extinct" versions of the BLR, and the few hits I get searching seem to be referencing it as something they wish was real. (i.e. no actual photos)
  2. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

They used to offer the takedown at least nearly across the board. Now it's only available with the straight grip. I can't say for completely certain they had a stainless PG TD, but I thought they did a few years ago.

I wish the TD was available with a PG again. I like the BLR with the PG, but strongly dislike the straight grip version.
    Flying Forester and TimCarBLR like this.
  3. TimCarBLR

TimCarBLR Copper BB

I have been searching for a SST, Pistol Grip, Takedown BLR in 300 Winchester Mag for the past week now with zero luck.
    If people have these, they are not putting them up for sale that I can find.

If/when I locate one, I have a space reserved in one of my gun safes for it...
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Let us know how the search progresses...
  5. Flying Forester

Flying Forester Copper BB

I'd be interested if anyone finds a BLR Pistol Grip, Takedown, BLUED in 30-06. Let me know! Thanks!
  6. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

Mind sharing?
  7. Flying Forester

Flying Forester Copper BB

That one was sold, but I was just sharing that I found that a pistol grip in takedown was in fact produced. I emailed browning and they said it was 2012 or 2013. So they are out there, you just have to find them. Not sure if they are available in stainless or not.

Just this morning I found a guy who had sold one in 30-06 to a friend. He called him and it turns out his friend was willing to sell, so I told him to consider it sold! I pick it up next week! It's a BLR 30-06 Takedown, Walnut stock, blued metal, with a Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40. I'm stoked!
  8. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

Congrats!

Yes, I've seen and handled many pistol grip takedown BLRs, just never a stainless one.