Identify 3shot Browning 16ga

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by mechanic4hire3, May 7, 2017.

1. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

I'll give you $75.00 for it... you can double your money! I won't even make a big fuss about it now being used. ;-)
  2. SWEET what a wonderful (Jesture) from you. Man who said Internet buddies weren't the BEST! I'LL get right on it tomorrow and get my FFL to Contact your FFL... I will warn you my FFL charges $900 for the paperwork, But I'll knock $50 just for you.......
    Rob poston likes this.
  3. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Woohoo!
    Hey, is is still a good deal!
  4. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

I definitely would. Any advice you can get on this firearm would be beneficial. Also, I would call Browning and talk to their historian. I think the head of that department's name is Lenny. He can look up some recorded information for you based on the serial number.
    As for Rudolph's replies, I knew he was well informed on the Auto-5, but he never ceases to amaze me! Great info, indeed!
  5. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Hey Rudolph, wouldn't this technically be an "Auto-3"? ;-)
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

The gun may have been named by JMB for its capacity, but you've got the Browning 3-Shot version of the Auto-5. Neither Browning or FN ever used "Auto-3".

The "100 year old" guy in Utah was the Browning Historian who actually retired in his 80's. Lenny Rees is the young man who replaced him.
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Rob poston likes this.
  7. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

I know... I was just having a little fun- making a joke. (Since the Auto-5 was named so for it's 5-shot capacity).

By the way, Lenny is really friendly, and extremely knowledgeable. I enjoy talking to him every time. Very informative!
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  8. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Sorry Rob, I sounded a little stuffy with my answer. I should have said, "Parents might name a little baby 'Linda' --which means pretty. And that's still her name even if she grows up to be a dog."
    Rob poston likes this.
  9. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

No apologies necessary, my friend.
    Funny thing, I had a sixth grade teacher who's first name was "Linda", and your description suits her to a tee. She had a face that could launch a thousand ships (not for a good reason though, but to get away from her), and a body that could sink 'em all!
    Next year we got Miss Heatherly... now SHE was a pleasant change of scenery!
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  10. Well gun is at FFL I believe, I was waiting for another gun to arrive so I only had to pay 1 fee. Looks as if that idea got scrapped. The other dealer in NY maintains he has not seen my money order. Been 8 days....Grrrrr hope to put my hands on it tomorrow
    Rob poston and SHOOTER13 like this.