Help with SA-22

Discussion in 'Browning Semi-Auto 22 Rifle' started by 5point9, Jul 4, 2018.

1. 5point9

5point9 Copper BB

Hi everyone. I picked up a early 70's SA-22. In probably has 50 round through it.. and is in excellent condition. The owner prior has the same issue I do. The magazine tube (that you pull out to then feed bullets into the stock) is hard to pull out. You turn in 1/2 turn, but with finger pressure alone you can't pull it out. To be fair.. there is just not much meat to pull on. So I have to use pliers to pull out the tube. Funny part is it takes so little effort to pull the tube out with pliers. I just don't understand why there is nothing to grab and why it is so hard to pull out.. but yet it's not.. literally even with pliers it only takes 1/16" to get it out then you can remove it with you fingers. Should the tube "spring" out when turned? Or do you have to pull it out with your fingers? And why can't I? It is cleaned and lubed.. no corrosion, no binding.. I just can't figure out how to grab the thing and pull it out.. seems odd.
  2. huskerbob

huskerbob .410

[
    My SA-22 built in 1959 I believe, has a "D" shaped metal ring on the end of the magazine tube. The ring makes it a snap to remove the tube. Don't know if would help but perhaps if you posted a picture of the end of the tube on your gun, it would make it easier for someone to help you. Good luck....hope you get if figured out.

Oooops............just saw the date on your original post. You've probably had it figured out for some time by now.