Heirloom Auto 5

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Swegen, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Swegen

Swegen Copper BB

Dad handed this down to me this year. Light twelve Belgium Browning. It was used hard for many years but still in decent shape. Doubt it has much collectortor value but a treasure to me. It's a 4G serial # so I believe it to be made in 1964. _20181216_150501.JPG
    Tuscaloosa Aubie likes this.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Beautiful gun, and the fact that it was your dad’s makes it even more special.

And you’re right, 4G is the code for a 1964 Light Twelve.

Welcome to the forum!
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Very nice. You are very lucky to be handed down the best shotgun ever made, in my opinion, welcome to the forum. And it was made to use, if it could only tell you the great stories that come with it.
  4. Very nice. Beautiful gun filled with great memories. I have one from my Dad so I understand how special this is.
  5. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome! I would be glad to have it in my safe. You are very lucky. I have been handed down several and those are my most cherished ones. It has many more years of service if taken care of. May be time for new springs, but they are cheap. Happy Shooting