Gunbroker seller withheld info

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by In The Ten Ring, Feb 11, 2017.

1. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

NOW WITH PICS.

So, I received my new-to-me Sweet 16 and it is pretty nice. I swabbed out the bore with a 20 gauge Bore Snake and it came out gleaming. (20 gauge fit so tight I don't see the need for a 16 gauge snake but I digress).

Anyway, the forearm and buttstock toe has a lot more damage than the seller showed in the pictures. I have emailed him asking him about that and received no reply. I assume he pulled a fast one. I will give him feedback reflecting that. I reviewed the auction pics: the stocks are the same so his ad pics were photoshopped or much older.

So, question: what does Art charge to repair a banged up toe and forearm?

Here are the pics put on gunbroker along with what was actually received.

Stocks came damaged, different from ad pics, no explanation given. Seller did offer to return full payment, but refused a discount.

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/exposedscams1911/slideshow/

As of two days ago, the seller backed out of his offer of a refund. No surprise there.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Call Art, he and his sons are a friendly crew.
  3. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

I did call Art and spoke with one of his sons. I appreciated the advice greatly.

If I end up stuck with this fraud of a shotgun, I'll get the stocks repaired and hunt the crap out of it, hopefully not damaging the stocks worse than those were. :cool:
  4. jryser

jryser .22LR

Art refinished the stocks on my son in law's Sweet 16. Better than new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

I will probably be stuck with this fraud.....if I am I'll get Art to repair the stocks. Thanks Jryser.
  6. Mark Pace

Mark Pace Guest

Art and crew are the best They have one of my A5s now