Greetings All from GA

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by khigh65, Apr 17, 2020.

1. khigh65

khigh65 Copper BB

Hi all. Despite having amassed something of a collection of guns in general, got my first Browning. A 1995 A-Bolt II in Composite 300WM with BOSS.

Or more specifically, I've had it quite some time. Got it on a deal and put it away, but I've pulled it out and developed quite an interest in it.

Not much "distance shooting" in Northeast Georgia, but thought I'd try my hand at fixing it up a little and "taking a shot", so to speak.

Trying to decide between a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 or a Bushnell Nitro 4-16x44 with FFP for it. I already have both, so I can compare performance. Got a fancy Boyd's stock coming for it {someday), and looking to glass bed it.

I have one main question I'll go ahead and throw out, and if this isn't a good place, I'll ask on another area. Are there any updated suggesting starting point charts for the BOSS system? Specifically for Federal Gold Medal in 300 Win Mag? There's no entry on the website at all for 190gr in the A-Bolt. I'd like to cut down on using up my shoulder and $2 cartridges to tune it if at all possible.

Hi again and thanks for looking!
  2. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Southwest Idaho says Hi and welcome!!!