Front Safety Trigger Group

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Auzzie, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

[​IMG]
    This popped up at a dealers here. Would this be a period correct group or mismatch parts? I noticed trigger is different curvature. No holes in hammer so guessing that bit original. Tang thickness and angle I am not sure on the specifics but seen talk of differences. Anyone care to comment.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Straight stock
  3. Biz

Biz 20g

Rudolph31 likes this.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

How much they want for it? Might be interested
  5. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Be say $110 USD . Dealer /(reptile) has it listed as spare parts. The market opportunities here would be next to nothing. Dealers here have about same respect and popularity as your IRS agents.
  6. Biz

Biz 20g

May be he want a B.J. with the 110,00$
    murphranch likes this.
  7. Ranger6

That’s not to bad. I’m assuming 12 gauge. Might like a 12 with straight stock
  8. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

It would be 99% chance of being 12 ga as gauge guns non exist here especially back that timeframe. It always amazes me what pops up out the woodwork from time to time.
    One thing getting it but have to do your homework your side of table on getting stuff into the States. You should see how hard it is to actually get something firearms related out of the States I have done it.
  9. Biz

Biz 20g

They were no 16 gauge prior t909.
  10. Ranger6

I get things from Italy all the time. Not sure it would be that hard. Never know though. Is there a web site I can look at?

I have one of those 1909 16’s
  11. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Getting it out won't be the problem Govt happy to see gun parts permanently disappear off shore.
  12. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Hey ranger get onto Gun City in New Zealand. Govt there in process of crushing and offloading everything semi auto known to man. Like what happened here 25 years back. There will be Auto 5 opportunity galore as they had a very old original browning dealership in south island Duniden there dating back to pre WW 1 and lots of Auto 5's were imported and will be coming to surface now with chance of rare things really coming to surface over there being turned in /sold exported etc.
  13. Ranger6

Thanks will take a look. I have a friend that get guns from all over. He may be able to help with transfer/paperwork
  14. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

There should be a serial number on that trigger plate, you can date it from that.

As Ranger said, it’s for a straight stock. However, it won’t fit on a receiver that’s set up for a round knob because the holes won’t line up.
  15. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I need a straight stock in the worst way. Passed on a 1923 straight stock the other day
  16. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Serial BA5T mentioned in add
  17. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

BA5T makes no sense. It should be all digits.