Fiber-optic Front Bead

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by TBB, Oct 22, 2015.

1. TBB

TBB Copper BB

Does anyone have any suggestions on a fiber-optic front bead for a Citori? For example replace the front bead, “snap on” over the vented rib, or other? Will the snap on’s harm the rib and will a magnetic sight harm the barrel?

Thanks - Tim
  2. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

Just remember, anything you put on that will be larger than the original bead or those contraptions that go "over" the bead will change your aiming point, which in turn will lower your muzzle and the gun's point of impact. You may not notice the difference afield, but on a trap range or shooting at stationary targets or game (like turkey) you might.

I would replace the bead (I assume it's the German silver bead) with something more "colorful" if that's what you desire, but keep the size the same.

These are popular:
    http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-pa...s/high-visibility-shotgun-beads-prod4182.aspx

(They remind me of the old Ithaca RayBar front sights)

[​IMG]
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

^^ Nice.... ^^
  4. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

I have an older, 60's era A5 Twenty, that someone had the temerity to install an Ithaca Raybar front sight. It's become one of my favorite guns for pheasant and crow over the years.