Federal 20 gauge game loads.

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Ranger6, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

This one is 17 grains. All the rest the same. The shot is above the shot cup, no big deal for me. It is also slightly dished, and once again the finished shell had the gaep bin 2 finish crimp spun in the drill press at about 400 rpm

Attached Files:

2. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Question.? So am I right in understanding this bit, the gaep final crimper in drill press is done after you do the final crimp in the 600? And that puts the nice lead in taper and roll edge as well , including smoothing out the octagonal square edge effect you get when you normally crimp a folded shell ?
    That’s a neat tool. I will get one of them after seeing your result. Certainly gives that professional finish.
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Yes sir, I run it in the drill press with the gaep crimper, after the final crimp stage on my mec. They make bin2- bin4 I think. The numbers are for burn rates. I use the bin2 and never needed anything else. I have pre crimp tools from them also. They work as well. O one thing of you want to roll crimp, they have one for plastic and one for paper
  4. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

All good understand fully. Where on your side of pond would you buy from ? Think you and Win 7 have referred to guy named Charles other posts before.
  5. Ranger6

Yes that’s correct. I see they have them on eBay now also. Do a search for gaep. That may be Charles also but his email is gaep61@gmail.com. He is in Italy and shipping may be outrageous to you. Give him a shout, nice guy. Let me know if you have any issues. I do a lot of gaep stuff from him.
  6. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Thanks for that info. Bit of trivia! Over here 20g like 28 n 410 is super expensive and don’t see or shoot it except big ticket annual skeet state and nationals. However we get hulls all colours not just safety yellow. American guy here amazed ,was telling me no way would they be able to sell it like it’s that in US because of safety and incorrect chamber blow up risk.
    Guess that one got past Nanna & Bureaucrats at the Health & Safety Department here since we are the most safe regulated ,non committal ,risk averse place on earth.
    Leave you to keep posting.
    win7stw and Ranger6 like this.
  7. Ranger6

Shot the 20 gauge federals with the green dot and the SG-20M wad today. Light recoil and broke targets, so this is a good load in my book and will load again. I also have the SG-20L wad(3/4 oz) and will load some of these to see how they perform.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021