Euro trash 2.0

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Ranger6, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Anyone seen these yet? Found these at academy for 70 a flat. I thought they looked like cheddite, which is why I bought them. I thought they were made in the land down under( auzzie’s neck of the woods), but after looking at the box it says made in France. Will know more tomorrow after shooting some, but pretty sure these are cheddite.

Attached Files:

2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

We’ll update as always. I shot a couple of the super x and they seem to be fine. For sure a cheddite hull. I went dumpster diving and came across a few of them so off to reloading. I wanted a load with the cb-6100 wad, one of my favorite for SW hulls. So 20 grains of clays, 6100-12 wad and 1oz of #8. Oh forgot to mention the primer. Winchester and cheddite fit ok. If I was using o/u no worries, but tomorrow is auto 5 day, so I went with Rio primer, it fits nice and snug. Anyway this is how it all came out. The last picture is just how they came off my mec, no gaep or anything. I think another flat will find it’s way home tomorrow

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    win7stw likes this.
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Do you use a lot of Rio primers? What are they comparable with?
  4. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Sorry to report back they are not “kangaroo cases” Winchester shut up shop, folded up their tent n disappeared here couple of years back year after the 50th anniversary. However what you have in your hand has been coming here for a while now.I have loaded plenty much exact same load as Ranger. They work fine. They tend go bit funny plastic wise around 3rd load where.they bulge at side near wad cup. I ditch now after second go . Also they use a Nobelsports NSI primer from factory.

If box is marked same , always fascinated with hunting recommendation on side of full choke for a squirrel. Can’t say I have shot a squirrel ever but fail get my head around blasting something 8”tall would need full at 10 to 15 yards.
    All we can figure here is they must be bloody fast and get to 40 yards before you get a second shot off or you have very tall trees.!!
  5. Ranger6

Since I load a lot of euro trash I do use a fair amount of Rio primers. You can always condition the pocket and be fine. I would say they are close to fed 209a. I swap them in for a lot of loads, cause I don’t load to max most of the time. Clays is very stable powder and you can load in any SW hull with any primer if you stay under 19-20 grains with most SW wads. The Rio’s are larger then Winchester, so once you go Rio that Winchester primer is gonna be sloppy and a real pita in a semi.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  6. Ranger6

Damn I didn’t know they packed up. Either way I like these. I think under 80 a flat for 2-3 times is ok. You can always cut to 2 1/2 and get another. The noble sport primer makes since. I don’t have any of those but the Rio works great. You could probably drop down to 18.5 -19.0 grains of clays and still get them to cycle. I haven’t had a chance to cut one apart yet, so the base wad may be a problem cocking the wad if you skimp to low on the powder charge.
  7. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Your dead right. The rio and nobelsports are I guess the same primer OD and work fine where Win 209 is floppy. There is another Eurotrash version of Winchester Xpert been kicking around that look identical at first glance but have a different base cup internal and come loaded factory with a true 209. You might see some of these start appear your side of pond. May even be your wallyworld stuff.
  8. Ranger6

I seen a different Winchester today, that was purchased at Wally World, the box was identical, but the hull was not a cheddite. It was smooth plastic much like the Winchester universal. I didn’t get a chance to pick one up for a look see, but maybe this is what your referring to.
  9. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

When your tail up in the bin next time being bombarded with Eurotrash your side of pond. Be lookout for a Winchester ST 1300. Gold writing. They are a gloss black and dead smooth plastic straight wall 6 star but have a rio or nobelsport from new. These run and feed excellent in your auto and just go forever like the old compression formed AAs. This is the Rolls Royce of Eurotrash out there.